Table of Contents
Pop-Tarts are one of my favorite on-the-go snacks, these super easy Pop-Tart cookies only take 30 minutes to make and are incredibly delicious!
Why I Love Pop-Tart Cookies
- Great for a quick, on the go, snack
- Only takes around 30 minutes to make
- Super customizable by switching out Pop-Tart flavors
- Cream cheese
- Salted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Strawberry Pop-Tarts
- Don’t like Strawberry Poptarts? Try swapping them for a different flavor!
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Cookie sheet
- Two large bowls
How to make Pop-Tart Cookies
This recipe has three main parts, mix up the ingredients, place the dough on a cookie sheet, then bake. It’s as easy as that!
- Start by beating together cream cheese, butter, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add in the yogurt, eggs, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a second bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Before adding the Pop-Tarts into the dough cut them into ½ inch pieces.
- Fold the cut-up Pop-Tarts and the sprinkles into the batter until just barely incorporated.
- Scoop up the dough and place it onto a cookie sheet.
- Press down on each cookie gently and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- ½ 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened (4 ounces total)
- ¾ cup 1 ½ stick salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup rainbow sprinkles jimmies or nonpariels
- 2 strawberry pop tarts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners and preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the yogurt, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Cut the Pop Tarts into ½-inch pieces.
- Fold pop tarts and sprinkles into the batter with a spatula until just barely incorporated.
- Scoop out 2 inch rounded scoops of dough and put on the baking sheets (I used a 2 inch cookie scoop), leaving 2 inches of space between the cookies.
- Gently press down on each cookie to help with the spread during baking.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown on the bottom.
- Let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheets, then transfer to wire cooling racks.