Table of Contents
Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups are about to become your new favorite way to start the day! Imagine thin layers of cinnamon-sugar bread sauteed in buttery heaven with an amazing hazelnut and cocoa upgrade! Yes, please! This Nutella-filled treat is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or anytime you want to make your kitchen smell divine!
Just a few common ingredients (that you probably already have at home) is all you need to make this delicious treat!
- Bread (white works best, but whole grain will work too!
- Vanilla Extract
Variations and Substitutions
Looking for some other ingredients to make your stuffed french toast? Try replacing the Nutella with peanut butter or cream cheese mixed with cinnamon sugar. You can even slice some fresh fruit, like bananas or strawberries, and include them in the spread!
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLA FRENCH TOAST ROLL-UPS
- Trim off the crust from each slice of bread.
- Using a rolling pin and flatten the piece of bread. No need to work out your frustrations here – the bread is pretty soft and not much effort is needed.
- Spread each slice of bread with a layer of Nutella. Control the urge to eat everything that has Nutella on it.
- Tightly roll each bread slice.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, whisk the eggs and milk, sugar and vanilla extract and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each Nutella French Toast Roll-Up into the milk and egg mixture. A quick dip is all you need! We don’t want to soak up too much of the liquid custard.
- Then saute each roll over medium heat in melted butter until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove from the pan and roll each roll-up in the cinnamon sugar.
More delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Homemade McMuffins
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Dutch Baby Pancakes
- Cinnamon Donut Bread
Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups
- 8 slices white or wheat bread
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large eggs (or 2 medium eggs)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter
- Maple syrup for serving (optional)
- Trim the crusts off the bread. With a rolling pin, roll each slice of bread until flattened.
- Spread each slice of bread with a layer of Nutella (about 1/2 tablespoon per slice), and tightly roll up the bread slices.
- In a small shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate small shallow bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Dip each Nutella French Toast roll-up in the milk and egg mixture. Place the roll-ups in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, turning them as needed until they are golden brown and slightly crisp on all sides. Repeat until all the roll-ups are sauteed.
- Immediately after removing the roll-ups from the saute pan, roll them through the cinnamon-sugar mixture until all sides are coated. Serve them warm with some maple syrup on the side.