Table of Contents
Part pancake, part blueberry muffin, these blueberry pancake mix muffins are the perfect and easy breakfast treat or snack. Using a powdered pancake mix for the muffin dough, you get all the taste of blueberry pancakes and no complicated flipping is involved. These blueberry muffins are light, fluffy and delicious!
Easy Blueberry Muffins from a Pancake Mix
We love pancakes, but sometimes it is nice to get that flavor with very little effort. By combining fresh blueberries and a powdered pancake mix, you get moist blueberry muffins topped with even more fresh blueberries!
If you like this recipe, be sure to give our french toast muffins a try. So good!
Why we love Blueberry Pancake Mix Muffins
- Quick and easy to make with your favorite pancake mix.
- Combines a few simple ingredients with a packaged powder to save time.
- Melt-in-your-mouth, moist muffins to enjoy with your morning coffee.
- Fun for kids to customize with their favorite mix-ins.
- Great on-the-go breakfast, portable sweet treat, or after-school snack.
- Perfect make-ahead morning meal or brunch option for holidays and lazy weekends.
- Powdered pancake mix: Use the “just add water” type.
- Granulated sugar
- Whole milk
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries
How to make blueberry pancake mix muffins
This Blueberry muffin recipe has a simple shortcut to bake your morning breakfast without the worry of burning it on the stove! These muffins are fluffy and moist and the perfect meal to start your morning.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: Combine the dry pancake mix with sugar. Set aside.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until very well combined.
- Make The Muffin Mixture: Pour egg mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture and stir. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pro Tip: Make sure not to over mix. Small chunks are expected and ok to leave in the batter.
- Bake: Line a muffin pan with liners and fill each to the top with the batter. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes.
- Pro Tip: Muffins are done baking when a toothpick can be inserted into the center of a muffin and pulled out clean.
- Serve: Let muffins cool before serving and top with fresh fruit if desired. Enjoy!
Blueberry Pancake Mix Muffins
- 3 cups powdered pancake mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine dry pancake mix with sugar.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until very well combined.
- Pour egg mixture into your large bowl with your dry mixture and stir well but be sure not to over mix. Small chunks are expected and ok to leave.
- Fold blueberries into the batter gently.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and fill each to the top with muffin batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center of a muffin and pulled out clean.
- Let muffins cool before serving and top with fresh fruit if desired.
- To Store: These blueberry muffins can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days
- To Freeze: You can freeze your baked muffins in a freezer-safe container for up to 5 months. Freezing the batter is not recommended.
- To Reheat: Thaw your frozen muffins in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave.
- Don’t over mix your muffin batter (your pancake batter should be lumpy). Because the pancake mix already has the leavening agent, as soon as you add in the wet ingredients and mix, the batter will start rising. Therefore, you want to immediately place it in the prepared muffin tin to keep it high.
- You can eat these blueberry muffins warm or cold.
- For denser and richer muffins, feel free to use heavy cream or half-and-half instead of milk.