Table of Contents
Blueberry Breakfast Cake is filled with fresh, delicious blueberries and is topped with a crumbly, cinnamon streusel topping that oozes with flavor. It’s the perfect pair with your cup of coffee for breakfast, a quick snack, or even dessert. This is always a company-worthy recipes that you can prep in 10 minutes and then pop in the oven to bake.
WHY WE LOVE THIS Blueberry Breakfast cake recipe
- Quick and easy to make
- Delicious, fruity breakfast
- Can make with a variety of berries
- Great breakfast for a group of people
- Can easily be made into a dessert dish
- The batter is simple, made using a box cake mix
- Short ingredients list with many pantry staples
- Yellow cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh blueberries
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE THIS BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST CAKE RECIPE
Your blueberry cake will come together quickly and easily. The preparation only takes about 10 minutes and is as simple as mixing up all the ingredients and placing them in a pan to bake!
- Whisk together cake mix, milk, eggs, and oil.
- Coat blueberries in flour and fold them into the cake mix.
- Pour the cake mix into a baking pan.
- Mix sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon to make streusel topping.
Sprinkle topping over the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Pro-tip: Use the toothpick inserted into the center of the cake to test if it is done before taking it out of the oven. It’s best to let the cake cool completely before cutting it into pieces.
VARIATIONS / OPTIONS / ADD-INS
- YELLOW CAKE MIX: This will also work with white cake mix or another of your choice.
- MILK: You can use whole milk, 2% milk, or buttermilk . If you don’t have milk available feel free to use water instead
- GRANULATED SUGAR: Brown sugar is a great replacement or this.
- SALTED BUTTER: If you use unsalted butter, you can add a pinch of salt to help cut through the sugar.
- BERRIES: This recipe is great with other berries as well. Try it with raspberries, cherrys, blackberries, or cranberries.
- ICE CREAM: To serve your blueberry breakfast cake as a dessert, serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top. It’s delicious this way!
You’ll Also love these baked breakfast treats
Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- 1 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup whole or 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp salted butter melted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare a 9×13 baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yellow cake mix, milk, eggs, vegetable oil. Mix well, but do not overmix.
- Lightly coat the blueberries in 2 Tablespoons of flour. Fold the blueberry flour mixture into the rest of the cake mix.
- Pour cake mix in the baking pan and spread the batter to the edges of the pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon together to form the streusel topping.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the batter in the baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Check the cake with a toothpick to make sure it is completely cooked before taking it out of the oven.
- Let the cake cool before cutting and serving.